Your Road to SAP S/4HANA®
Over the last 4 years there has been a lot of excitement and buzz about SAP S/4HANA®. We have all heard that SAP S/4HANA® is the next generation release of SAP’s flagship product and the gateway to the Intelligent Enterprise. What is not as clear to customers is understanding what the path to SAP S/4HANA® looks like. Our customers are asking us to help them map out their unique path to SAP S/4HANA®, and they are raising some good questions along the way such as:
- What are the SAP S/4HANA® product options, the key differences of each, and the right one for me?
- What are the licensing fee options and how will it affect our financial planning?
- Are we going to lose our historical data?
- How do we optimize our approach to minimize the total cost of ownership?
- What is the best functional, technical, and financial fit for our company?
SAP S/4HANA® is not just a new system look and feel, it’s a new philosophy of running the business in a faster, leaner and more agile way that can help any organization address new business requirements, processes, and deliver valuable insights to the decision-makers instantly.
To help customers answer all these questions, address their business needs, and recommend an optimal path, Solvera has created a proven SAP S/4HANA® assessment approach that assures our customer’s active participation during the whole process. This includes:
- Review of the key influencing factors to be considered in your transition to
- Determining the optimal SAP® architecture design
- Finding the best migration path to SAP S/4HANA®
- The plan to identify business process improvements and shortening work cycles
- Analyzing how disruptive the move to SAP S/4HANA® will be for the organization
- The business and technical effort required for the move to SAP S/4HANA®
- The impact on the existing landscape and architecture
- The testing effort and business involvement required
Over a period of six to ten weeks of spending time with you, we will:
- Analyze the state of your system to be migrated to SAP S/4HANA® using the SAP Readiness Check tool
- Use the Custom Code Analyzer to identify code compatibility issues and recommend the changes required to enable the migration of custom code
- Identify unused system code and its components that can be archived prior to the migration.
- Validate the Add-on compatibility plan for the new SAP S/4HANA® system
- Educate you on the features of the latest SAP S/4HANA® release. During the deep dive functional sessions, we will show you new system functions and Fiori apps that will help you to create value add services for your customers
- Jointly identify system functions that will be activated in the new system and the processes that must be decommissioned from the old system using SAP® Business Scenario Recommendation (BSR) tool.
- Design your future-proofed strategy for analytical reporting using SAP® Analytics Cloud technology
- Analyze the source database platform to develop a detailed approach for the database migration to SAP HANA®
- Analyze and identify security changes that are required for full activation of the new SAP Fiori® user interface
- Work with you to determine the best SAP S/4HANA® system fit for your organization, whether it is on-premise or one of the cloud versions
- Help identify your migration strategy whether it be Brownfield, Greenfield, or a hybrid approach
- Build a project plan including estimated effort, cost, and time for each of the different migration options
We understand that every organization is different. Our assessment will consider your unique needs and requirements. At the end of the assessment we will provide you with a report that will:
1. Describe your solution options and migration approach with pros and cons for each one of them, whether it is:
- SAP S/4HANA® Cloud Essential Solution
- SAP S/4HANA® Cloud Extended Solution
- SAP S/4HANA® Any Premises
2. Provide recommendations to implement additional SAP products, that can boost business productivity
3. Estimate the cost of the migration project and a high-level project plan for each option.
4. Estimate Total Cost of Ownership including the time your business and IT experts should commit to the project
It is important to understand the status and condition of your existing system in order to determine the work that needs to be done to prepare for your new SAP S/4HANA® system. Your transition to SAP S/4HANA® is a great opportunity to simplify your business processes and automate repetitive tasks which in turn will speed up and help improve your business decision making.
Planning your journey to SAP S/4HANA® is an important first step on the road to success. Starting with an SAP S/4HANA® assessment will provide you a clearer vision of where it is you want to go and how you are going to get there.